Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WTB: Floats for Avid Mk 4

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I would like to buy a set of floats that can be used on an Avid Mk4 582.

I actually need them.

I was fine being land bound around all the other amphibious planes that seem to be everywhere in central florida.  Fine and dandy.  Then, this guy posted this video and ruined it for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foPn48ap46Y

2 people like this

Posted

3 people like this

Posted

I don't understand how people get away with that crap. If I had a paddle and was rowing a plane backwards with my left wing that close to the bank  it would hook the dirt  foresure and bust the wing all up

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't understand how people get away with that crap. If I had a paddle and was rowing a plane backwards with my left wing that close to the bank  it would hook the dirt  foresure and bust the wing all up

LOL!  That's the beauty of a swamp.  There is no bank.  Just sort of shallow, shallow, and really shallow.

Posted

LOL!  That's the beauty of a swamp.  There is no bank.  Just sort of shallow, shallow, and really shallow.

TJay,  You should go to Florida sometime and take a ride in an airboat - talk about pucker-factor!  "lol"

As we used to say in Lousyanna - Ah Garontee!

EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

Know of a set in FL

call me

Posted

I am the guy in the kitfox on full lotus floats... I love playing with that bird!  No worries about hooking a wing tip, thats what the rudder is for :lol:

:BC:

2 people like this

Posted

I am the guy in the kitfox on full lotus floats... I love playing with that bird!  No worries about hooking a wing tip, thats what the rudder is for :lol:

Leni - I have to ask - Were you yanking in flaps to jump that bird off of the water so fast?  That's how we used to get the Stinson in the air quick.

EDMO

Posted

Leni - I have to ask - Were you yanking in flaps to jump that bird off of the water so fast?  That's how we used to get the Stinson in the air quick.

EDMO

Ed,  I just talked to Snaps and that is something he decribed to me to try in my avid.  He mentioned also pulling the stick all the way back while yanking in the flaps then relax some in ground effect.

Leni, that looks like so much fun!  If you haven't looked at any of my videos, I think there are more places to land wet than dry out where I fly.  Heck, I live in Lake county! ^_^

1 person likes this

Posted

I always use flaps on takeoff.  Pull flaps and elevator at the same time and then gain speed in ground effect if needed.  Flying in cool Temps and at sea level sure helps the performance

2 people like this