Avid MkIV HH wings or extensions for my SpeedWing wanted

13 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm thinking a spare set of  HH would would be the easiest route, but I'm open to extensions for my SpeedWings. 

Any body have wings laying around on the west coast that they'd like to off?  What do you guys suppose the value of a spare set of wings or wing extensions are?

sean

619-300-335one

Posted

I have what you seek, but I'm in FL.  I have a complete mk4 airframe with HH wings, dual tanks, nose dragger provision, landing gear, struts, etc.

Lets talk offline if you want to figure out a way to get this stuff out to you.

Posted

Is this an uncompleated kit or what exactly?  What is the condition  of the fuselage?  Jim Chuk

Posted

Is this an uncompleated kit or what exactly?  What is the condition  of the fuselage?  Jim Chuk

More stock for the barn? :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Just trying to clarify things ;-) ;-) Jim Chuk

2 people like this

Posted

Jim,   If you haul the Avid back, rent a larger truck and you can stop here and buy 2 Kitfox fuselages and a set of Kitfox wings too - Happiness is having a full hanger!  :lol:

EDMO

2 people like this

Posted

Nah, after relaxing on the Gulf Beach for most of the winter he'll be filling up that truck with stuff in Minnesota and heading south!

Mark

Posted

Ya, wife an I are trying to be snowbirds this winter for the first time.  Dec, and Jan at Gulf Shores Al.  Mn winter should be in full swing when we get back home.   Any body in the vicinity with an Avid or Kitfox that wants a visit, let me know.  Went to the beach again today. Watched the Blue angels fly by again.  They winter in Pensecola Fl. which is only 20 miles away.  Went for a flight in an M-Squared a couple of days ago.  Way different flying than the Avid.  Barely used the stick, almost all rudder for turns.  Had a 100 HP Rotax on it so it set you back in the seat when you poured the coals to it.  Had 2 Air Cams fly by last week while I was on the beach also.  Jim Chuk

Photo02511 (2).jpg

Photo026211.jpg

Photo026311.jpg

M-Squared I flew.jpg

Posted

Hmm, that Aircam is just itching to run into a drone, isn't it?  If the drones stay below 400ft, where they belong, and we stay above 500ft, where we belong, there won't be a problem.

Mark

Posted

The Aircams sure seemed to be enjoying themselves though.  I could hear and see them coming for quite a while.  Any drone flyer should have been able to stay out of their way pretty easy if they wanted to.  Jim Chuk

Photo02511 (1).jpg

Posted

This time of year, I don't think the views on the beach are worth flying that low :P  Spring break, maybe, but not now.  As I said when I lived in St. Petersburg when someone from Illinois asked me if there was a place like Muscle Beach in California, I told them no, this here is the Gulf Coast, all we got is Beer Belly Beach.  And the men aren't much to look at either! :BC:

3 people like this

Posted

... all we got is Beer Belly Beach.  And the men aren't much to look at either! 

ROFLMAO!

Posted

Jim, This is a groundlooped bird with a bent tail section.  Out of service to 7-10 years ago somewhere in the NE.  No registration, parts only.  I have a replacement tail section to be welded on if the fuse is to be put back into service.  I can probably put an interested person in touch with guys who know more about the history of the plane if desired.

I've got about 2k into everything.  Trades are fine, trades for cash even better.  I'm in need of a xponder and or dual chan radio.

I was going to put the HH wings on my plane to replace the speedwings.  I've learned to fly the plane like it is and love it so it will be a while before I feel motivated to swap the wings out.