c model heavy hauler for sale

14 posts in this topic

Posted

1990 avid heavy hauler ser #605 due to bummer change of circumstances im going to have to let go tt eng and airframe 71.2 spent its whole life until jan. of this year in a climate controlled warehouse gone thru by ap this january and sold to me its registered NX39MW feel free to ask questions with trailer asking 9000 thanks all

IMGA2068.JPG

FullSizeRender(4).jpg

avid idaho2.JPG

IMG_6343.MOV

Posted

I could not find it listed in the FAA data base. I assume it has not been registered in many years and therefore the lack of a reg # in the data base. Does it have an airworthiness cert ? and what kind of engine. Seems like I remember seeing that one on barnstormers a while back but maybe a different bird. Have you flown/run it?

Posted

Take the 'X' out - they aren't included in the N number on the FAA registry.

Posted

What happened?

Posted

Where are you located and what does it have for an engine.

Posted

yep need to leave x out, yes has airworthiness cert its582 greyhead i took prop off because someone at sometime tightned hub all the way down i flew it once but figured pretty risky with that old of wood prop and hub torqued out of spec its on a friends wall now also tires have some age cracking so only flew once(just had to) was going to put yamaha rx1 engine and powerfin plane was beautifully constructed according to purchase agreement i believe at factory has 2 14 gallon tanks mt wgt 548 gross 1085. I'm writing this when i get off work so a little incoherent after 13 hrs in chip truck lol feel free to ask questions, I know I'm forgetting all kinds of stuff you want to know prob. 

Posted (edited)

Sorry to hear of your "life (changing) event".  Maybe in the near term something positive -- keep it instead.  Flying and working on these things is great therapy -- at least for me.  It looks like a beautiful piece - the panel,  dual brakes (this was as a trainer in mind) !  And a factory build no less !?  That seems priceless to me.  A keeper!

Edited by allonsye

Posted

Prop and a set of Carlisle tires $500. Where are you located?

Posted

i'm in kettle falls, wa

Posted

Ahh that is a bit far away from me, Ill let Jim get this one.

Posted

Prop and a set of Carlisle tires $500. Where are you located?

Yer not going to buy that one too are you Joey?  Three?  I kind of like it if It will fly without much hassle.  

Dan in Sparks......

Posted

Is that a Northstar Loran?  Or the GPS?  Actually a primitive but very powerful/useful radio.  

Posted

its the gps

Posted

Any chance you are looking for a bulldozer? May be trade, the dozer is worth more but I want to fly bad. Jared 360-317-8996