Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for ignition switch source

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I am looking to replace the ignition switch that came with my Kitfox III.  It is a 5 pin 3 position switch (OFF-ON-START).  Pins are 1 GND, 1 BATT, 1 SOL and 2 MAG.  Going to the OFF position will ground both mags at the same time.

I do not want a switch switch has individual OFF positions for each mag (I do this with toggle switches separately).  I picked up a switch from LEAF, however it only has one MAG pin.

Anyone know if these are still around anywhere?

Larry

Posted

Why not just rewire the mags so the mag kill wires only go to the toggle switches and not this keyed switch?  Then the keyed switch will only be a master (of sorts) and a starter switch.  Still need a key to start for security.   Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

That's how I am set up. Key just powers the bus on as a master and fires the starter solenoid. Once the engine is running you can take it out and toss it out the window. Take a look at Marine switches. $20 compared to $150 for aviation stuff.

Edited by C5Engineer

Posted

Ditto. My napa sourced switch is my master switch, off-on only in the Mangy with a separate start button, yellow has off-on-start. 

~$12 at napa for either.