Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PARTING OUT OR SELLING KITFOX 3

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I purchased a Kitfox 3 with no engine and a bent-up, but rebuildable front end, and have not seen any rust on longerons.  I have 3 good flaperons, and a set of wings with two 13 gallon tanks that I have to inspect - one wing has hanger tails broken and can be repaired.  Intact tailfeathers, lots of small parts.  KF2 Wing Struts w/no damage and KF3 Wing Struts with fairings and 4 rod ends, but one has a dent in one tube.   Also have Kitfox 1 clone fuselage, and lots of parts, and landing gear and Cowl for Kitfox 2 and parts of Kitfox 3 Cowl, and some IPs for standard or Magnum type birds.   Maule tailwheels, and springs, and Kitfox radiators and one heater for Rotax, and 2 heaters for larger alternator systems.

I have some short new Kitfox undercamber ribs, and one long used rib, and 4 fixtures for building ribs of any design.  Also lots of brake MCs, strut fittings, and controls, and 2 sets of Kitfox seat covers, and 2 engine mounts.  Plus other parts not listed - engine gauges and senders for Rotax 2-stroke, etc.

PM me for whatever you need.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Ed, do you have a set of brake MC's you'd be willing to sell? Any chance you have the calipers as well? 

I'll send a PM as well.

Posted

Ed, what color are those seat covers?

Posted

Ed, what color are those seat covers?

Red and dirt or grease!  haven't checked them too closely.  EDMO

Posted

Mine are blue, looking for grey or green.

Posted

You could call Kitfox, but they don't list them in the catalog any more.    EDMO

Posted

or

you could soak them in a fabric dye

Posted

or

you could soak them in a fabric dye

My Brown socks came out Purple when daughter washed them in water with bleach in it - You never know what's possible!   EDMO

Posted

You think that would work? It could come out like a tie dye! It could be the hippie plane!

Posted (edited)

You think that would work? It could come out like a tie dye! It could be the hippie plane!

I think I would just opt for a seat cover in the color I wanted.   You can even buy colored or camo denim.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Kit Fox sells them in different colors, but only lists them in interior package, I'll have to call them.

Posted

Kit Fox sells them in different colors, but only lists them in interior package, I'll have to call them.

My catalog don't show them for the early models - What model do you have?   EdMO

Posted

I saw there is a guy on the tkf making them for $350 any color you want looks really nice.

Posted

I saw there is a guy on the tkf making them for $350 any color you want looks really nice.

Doug Holly had the best looking set of yellow and black seats that I have ever seen.    EDMO

Posted

Mine is a V! '95

Posted

Mine is a V! '95

The early ones wont fit yours anyway,   EDMO

Posted

Still have the seats?