room for stick

7 posts in this topic

Posted

today i sat in my plane and saw the stick is not centered, i explain: i can go on left easily but find very early my leg on the right, thing is inverted when i sat other side.

I plan to rotate the sticks a bit toward exteriors. Too, i feel strange about breaks that are hard to push.

I m tall, how did you manage to have more room for stick travel?

Posted (edited)

today i sat in my plane and saw the stick is not centered, i explain: i can go on left easily but find very early my leg on the right, thing is inverted when i sat other side.

I plan to rotate the sticks a bit toward exteriors. Too, i feel strange about breaks that are hard to push.

I m tall, how did you manage to have more room for stick travel?

I am short and don't have too much problem with the sticks hitting my leg.

One BIG guy took his Two sticks out and put one stick in the middle.

Could you take the stick out on your side and put a horizontal extension on the stick on the other side, Like a "T" or inverted "L" handle?

One of the guys on here makes a replacement rudder pedal which gives you better brakes.  You have to get the leverage to 2.5:1 for the master cylinder.

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

the question is, how many input needed in an avid? cause the full travel of sticks (given by the control column) seems hard to realize.

I'm not large , so i don't plan to remove a stick. gonna take a look at Joey's videos(again ;)) to see how he does.

Posted

very responsive planes ,besides extreme slips or maybe aerobatics ,two inches of stick movement is all that is needed .if you need full deflection ,youll get it regardless of it touching your leg.your leg will move

1 person likes this

Posted

Only time the stick is moved full deflection is during crosswind taxi operations.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

These are the types of planes that all you have to do is think about where you want it to go and it goes there. Not like a Cessna or a Cub at all. I do know one member who inverted a piece of the linkage between the stick and mixer box for less stick travel. Dean Wilson was a pretty smart guy when he designed it. 

As as far as brakes go have a look thru this thread . May give you some ideas.

Edited by C5Engineer
1 person likes this

Posted

i understood :rolleyes: ...doors stop the left leg mouvement ...so it would be a big mistake to rotate sticks on the exterior