Wide Trailer for Avid, Kitfox Transport and Storage

5 posts in this topic

Posted

This has been on Barnstormers for a week or so, this guy gets it. The interior is wide enough for wings folded (102") and an optional extra width (108") is available. I don't know the guy, but it seems in line with prices for the typical enclosed trailer.

NEW 24’x102"x7’ Starting at $6,395

Mark Sorenson,

678-463-5944, captainsorenson@hotmail.com

www.customaircrafttrailers.com

Here is his brochure:

http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_files/5/9/3/9/8/9/593989-2015CustomAircraftTrailersf.pdf

Posted (edited)

Better check your state regs for max trailer width - In Missouri it is 102". 

You don't want to have to buy a "Wide Load" permit each time you use it.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

You are right, ED. But even his 102" legal width has walls that are only 2" thick, so his internal width is 98", and so is the door. This is better than the typical trailer which is 96" wide. All this is against the 93-94" that is our folded width.

Regarding the 108" wide load, if you use the trailer as a hangar at the airport, and only move it seasonally, the wide load transport hassle might be worth it. Here in CT, hangar space is rare and expensive, but tiedowns are easy to get, and some airports will allow the trailer to be on the tiedown spot. At Meridan airport the tiedowns allow the trailer and cost less than $100 per month.

Posted

Wish that was around when I bought my trailer in 2006 - It's only 96" outside, plus 6" lost to the door.  Have to take a wing off to get it in, which isn't too bad since it has no fuel tank in one, but I didn't measure the horizontal stabilizer - same width as the folded wings.  It is a real b*tch to get off and on.  Fortunately I only needed to trailer it from CA to IL the one time.  Now I get to trailer it from IL to FL, but it needs recovered anyway, so it will be more disassembled for this move.

Mark

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi, I was thinking of ordering a Sorenson trailer for my KF3. Have you heard from anyone who has bought one regarding quality of build, materials, etc? Thanks Scott