Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for some two stroke exhaust parts.

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I am in the midst of a total overhaul under my cowling. My exhaust system has nearly 3000 hrs on it and the connections are about wore out. I am looking at my options to try and fix an exhaust leak I've had forever. Like all Rotax parts the prices on new stuff is pretty crazy. Curious if anyone has a 90 degree elbow and maybe a muffler laying around.

Posted

I do. only six hours on the whole thing .it has 90 elbow but muffler is side mount?

Posted

I have an exhaust off a blue head motor I bought that had been in an Avid.

According to the guy I got it from the motor only had 90 hrs on it.

PM if interested

Bob

Posted

Has anyone used the Ball Joint conversion kits that Spruce and CPS sells?

http://www.cps-parts.com/catalog/eppages/balljointkit2.php

I'm assuming I'd need two of them for an Avid set up? It would sure be nice to get rid of the spring set up. I think that's part of my leak issue. You can see where mine has been leaking. My motor mount has carbon on it too.

post-40-0-42167800-1431069330.jpg

post-40-0-31001200-1431070767_thumb.jpg

Posted

I will come up with something I've never been real happy with the alignment on this set up. I pushed my muffler out away from the firewall last year and I helped a little but it still leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe I should go back to the stock set up?? John Miller did this set up years ago so I just kept it that way. My cowl was trimmed on the bottom to accommodate the muffler location.

Posted

If you loosen up the clamps that the muffler is mounted on and rotate them (thereby moving the muffler up higher) it should line those elbows up a good bit better. 

:BC: