Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

STOL wing ribs

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Larry,

Not sure you have the best model there - Mine folds up to carry in baggage compartment!

Are you trying to educate the younger flyers?

EDMO

Posted

Hey go ahead and knock it until you need it. Got me one after my back injury and it was the snizzit!

Posted

You are 100% right Doug.

I just hope Larry don't get confused and try to turn around and use his as a tailwheel - You can ground-loop real easy that way! :lol:

EDMO

Posted

Who started this mess?

What does this have to do with ribs?

(bunch of old hijackers) :hammerhead:

1 person likes this

Posted

Blame it on us old BSrs with wandering minds!

Once he had two offers for rib patterns, it seemed boring I guess, so we pick on each other?

EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

Kffan, you gotta remember we have a lot of the older crowd in here with the attention span of my wife... or maybe my 19 month old daughter :lol: we are easily amused and we never, ever, EVER pass up an opportunity to flip Ed some shit about his training wheel.. I think it's on page 2 of the guy code :lmao:

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Kffan, you gotta remember we have a lot of the older crowd in here with the attention span of my wife... or maybe my 19 month old daughter :lol: we are easily amused and we never, ever, EVER pass up an opportunity to flip Ed some shit about his training wheel.. I think it's on page 2 of the guy code :lmao:

Yep, I pretty much figured all that out about a week after joining the forum. (I'm still sharp like that) At least it gives the thread a bump to keep it from dying.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't you lose your man card if you put a training wheel on a KF or Avid?

1 person likes this

Posted

Not if you can show the worn-out tail skid! :lol:

EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

Touche!

1 person likes this

Posted

Ho boy, I've been hiding behind my trigear Aerotrek after those comments! Hoping my tail skip proves I don't wear women's underwear on the weekends.

post-53-0-78958400-1427397408_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-58979300-1427397568_thumb.jpg

Posted

Excesive flare in the Aerotrek?

Posted (edited)

Excesive flare in the Aerotrek?

Probably a carrier-practice landing and too heavy and fast for the tailhook! Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Part of the previous owner's mess I am cleaning up. To be fair, it was the ramp jockey at his A&P who lost control and drove it thru an outdoor hanger.

Posted

Probably a carrier-practice landing and too heavy and fast for the tailhook!

What is a practice landing?

I think you either land or you don't!

Posted

If you just drag the tail wheel or skid down the length of the runway and don't let the mains touch I think you can call it good practice :lol:

Posted

Touche'

Posted

I should have posted this pic right after the picture of the walker with the nose wheels, but better late than never. Here is a tricycle geared rig I built for the grandson. He will be 3 on May first. We were both playing with it last week trading turns riding it, but for some reason I started to sit on it backwards and stearing with my hands behind me while he tried to push me. Good thing I have about 550 hrs flying tailwheel Avids. Nearly ground looped it anyway.... Jim Chuk

post-329-0-37649800-1427509415_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I should have posted this pic right after the picture of the walker with the nose wheels, but better late than never. Here is a tricycle geared rig I built for the grandson. He will be 3 on May first. We were both playing with it last week trading turns riding it, but for some reason I started to sit on it backwards and stearing with my hands behind me while he tried to push me. Good thing I have about 550 hrs flying tailwheel Avids. Nearly ground looped it anyway.... Jim Chuk

Those that have....And those who will! Turn around and fly forward next time! :lol:

You are going to miss me too....I may look for a J3 with nosewheel!

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

Just kidding you Ed, You know we love you! Jim Chuk

PS the thing was really squirlly running it backwards. Maybe there is some thing to be said for a trike after all....

Edited by Jim Chuk
1 person likes this

Posted

Just kidding you Ed, You know we love you! Jim Chuk

PS the think was really squirlly running it backwards. Maybe there is some thing to be said for a trike after all....

just saw a Piper Colt a few miles from me on ebay - bid is $8600 - dang, got that much in Foxy - But it don't have folding wings - but ready to fly, and no Phase 1 either!

EdMO

Posted

This is classic thanks for the chuckle guys.

Posted

Yeh, Like "Brotherly Love" - Good thing I never had brothers! :lol:

EDMO

Posted

I have a brother 16 months younger than me. I can remember many times our mother would reach the limits of her patients and sternly say, "just go outside!".

1 person likes this

Posted

Mine would probably have wanted to add to the "go outside"- AND KEEP ON GOING! Wonder why sometimes our parents still loved us. LOL Jim Chuk