Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Matco tailwheel again

7 posts in this topic

Posted

So where is the best place to buy this, I think I will be fine with the single fork tailwheel but I would like the wide one. lets hear it boy's

Posted

Ummm Matco?? I've always dealt with them directly. If closer to a warehouse spruce carries them too.

Posted

Just looked in my year old Wag Aero catalog, and they had the 8" Matco pneumatic tailwheel for $235. Saw an 8" Maule on ebay with an opening bid of $195. 5 days to go with no bids yet. Jim Chuk

Posted

Ummm Matco?? I've always dealt with them directly. If closer to a warehouse spruce carries them too.

JOEY AND JIM,

Someone needs to advise TJay about the different cams and how they affect the handeling - I cant do that, since I don't know anything about MATCO tailwheels - Just been eavesdropping on some earlier posts on here.

EDMO

Posted

i was hoping to buy the complete assembly and see how it works before tinkering with it. It does look like I need a shim because I think we all use an 1/1/2 inch tailspring and the matco looks like its set up for 1/3/4 tailspring. Do I just make that bushing or are you guys buying them. thanks.

Posted

I have the single fork setup on ours and i have a bad tendency to pull left as soon as the tailwheel hits the ground. If you look at it directly from the rear it even has a slight tilt to it. I'm going to replace it with the double fork and would recommend you go dual fork as well. also the rudder to tailwheel chain angle is pretty extreme with the single and is much better with the dual fork. just my .02. but hey if your determined to go single I may have on soon :) 

-Robert-

Posted

should you decide to go with the single fork there is one listed on barnstormers for 150 bucks you might see if he still has it Arnold 505-239-5621 http://www.barnstormers.com/cat.php?mode=search