Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

13 gallon tank measurements

3 posts in this topic

Posted

does anybody know the with of a 13 gallon fiberglass wing tank I would like to make sure it will fit in my rib spacing on my kitfox 1

Posted

I can't give you the length right off hand, but it will fit in between the first and third rib.  Your flaperon hinges mandate where those ribs have to be.  The tank will fit between them.  When you set the ribs, remember the five that the flapeon hinge on are very critical for spacing.  I uncovered one wing that had extra braces in it behind the rear spar that bent those ribs over to where they needed to be.  Just on the one wing though, guess they caught their mistake partway through building the wings.  Jim Chuk

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

TJay,

I will also check this measurement for you, but the rib ends for the flaperons are the most critical measurement, except for the strut fitting - Guess you are measuring to the 1/4 inch hole for the strut bolt? 

- The fiberglass 12 gallon tanks are an inch or two shorter than the distance between the root rib and the 3rd rib, and should fit fine - Donno what your aluminum tanks are, but should be about the same.

EDMO

Tomorrow will post measurements.

EDMO

BTW:  If the filler necks are not in the center of your tanks, then the filler neck goes toward the wing tip - in case you have to identify right and left tanks.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri