582 engine mount differences

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys, I'm considering swapping out my Dina vibe motor mount for the standard motor mount on my mkiv. Are these interchangeable? Do they place the engine in the same position from firewall to cowling? Thanks, Bryce

Posted

Is your vertical rudder of set?

Diana smoth mt are off set

Posted

No offset in the fin. Are the standard mounts not offset? Main concern is having to hack up my cowling to make it work.

Posted

just curious why you would want to swap them out?  I am not sure that the cowling will need any mods.  I put a MK IV cowling on my C with the normal mount without any issues.

:BC:

Posted

Leni,

I'm thinking the dynavibe is heavier, more complex, and maybe not as strong as the standard mount. But mostly it's the weight, which is on the wrong end. The parts manifest that came with my plane, I didn't build it, just says motor mount and the build manual shows the original mount, not the dynavibe. Either way, I want to make the nose as light as possible. Thanks, Bryce

Posted

Might save a pound or so, and get more vibration for your efforts. Jim Chuk

Posted

Thanks Jim! Is there that much more vibration between the Dinavibe and the standard mount? I had a normal amount of vibration with Dynavibe and I've never really heard anybody complain about the vibration with the standard mount. Thanks!

Posted

My understanding of why Avid went with the new style mount was to get rid of some of the engine vibration. Jim Chuk

Posted

the vibration is the worst at lower RPM and the MK IV mount helps more with that.  If you are running a clutch then the issue is a mute point as there is virtually NO vibration at idle using the clutch.

:BC:

Posted

Thanks Leni! I'm not running a clutch but I do have a GSC in-flight adjustable prop that I can flatten out and idle the engine down really low which removes all the vibration that you refer to. Bryce

Posted

just for the record as I have no clue what you all are talking about could someone put up a picture of the dynavibe mount? I have the original C mount and it seems fine just curious what the difference is