Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sling seat rear tube cable

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone have pics that show how their sling seat is attached with the recommended cable at the back side

Posted

I just used small cordage and laced it up using a clove hitch about every 5th or 6th wrap in case the cord broke it would not just come fulling unwrapped.  You can adjust the tightness of the lacing to lower of raise the seat.  I let mine out as low as I could get it and still have the control arms clear my butt when I sat in the seat and wiggled the stick.  Do the same for the front side of seat to adjust your leg position on the pedals.

I swapped my sling seat for a fiberglass one, but in reality, the sling seat was more comfortable I think and it was a hell of a lot lighter.  I may make another one using a different foam and go back to the sling seat.

:BC:

Posted

Thanks for the reply but Im looking more for something that shows the aluminum tube thats behing your butt in the back of the seat and how thats held back

Posted

I never used anything to hold the tube back.  It just floats in there.  your butt holds the seat back.

:BC:

Posted

I tried that and I end up sitting on the tubes even when the back of the seat is laced up as tight as it will go.

Posted

is the front sucked up tight too? 

Posted

no, if I pull the front tight I dont fit in the plane. I'm 6'2 and I fit fine if I tie the back lower part of the seat back and keep the front back a couple inches but without holding the rear of the seat back I'm on the tubes.

Posted

I used giant zipties .(I steal them from the hvac guys) basically they held the seat back while I laced the bottom.im 6 2 also and that was the way I fit,seat all the way  back and down as far as possible

Posted

I have mine tied back with cord.

Posted

Thanks for the ideas fellas