Avid by another name?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Completely bogus IMO, I certainly would not click any links on that site.

Posted

Their "Champion" is a Belite.

Their "The Tricycle Gear" plane shown is a Just Escapade.

Their "The Float Plane" shown I believe is actually Brett McKinny's Avid Mark IV.

They have a fairly polished nice looking website.  They spent some money there making a cut and paste collage of Avid, Just and Aerotrek photos.  Their phone number is Palm Beach County Florida.

Posted

They probably will get as many deposits as they can and fly the coop. They must think we are pretty dumb to not notice its someone elses planes.Im sick of all the scam shit that is going on now. Whats happening to our Country? Randy

Posted

Welcome to Scamnet2000!

EDMO

Posted

The picture of the Bandit is the same picture the Avid factory used in their brochure when I bought my Bandit. It was their airplane to.

Posted

And it shows Jim Tomash as the plant manager... Scam deluxe.

Posted

Any history on that guy you would put on here - or just PM me - never heard of him.

EDMO

Posted

I dropped them a note on that website. Asked if they are for real, if they were now producitng the old Avid aircraft line and that I would like more information. Also asked if they could producce parts. Curious to see what happens :-)

Chris

Posted (edited)

<snip> Curious to see what happens :-)Chris

I predict no reply, but your computer might start smoking and bank balance suddenly disappear. :-)

[edit] BTW, with apologies in advance if common knowledge (I'm a little slow on these things), whenever you are reticent to provide your actual email address for fear of spammers or hackers, consider using a temp email generator like www.10minutemail.com

Edited by dholly