Avid Engine Mounts

13 posts in this topic

Posted

If you have experience with both types of engine mounts that Avid used, what's your experience with each of them? Thanks,Bryce

Posted

The dynasmooth mount is supposed to transfer less vibration from the engine to the airframe, and I believe it does that.  I've had both kinds, but didn't go right from one plane to the other so as to be able to compare the two mounts.  Jim Chuk

Posted

Thanks Jim! Also, this is for a 582. Bryce

Posted (edited)

Just went digging through some of my pics and here are the two different mounts.  Dynasmooth first, then the original mount.  If anyone doesn't know how they looked.   The radiator mount on the front of the original motor mount is not part of the mount, and was not built by the Avid factory.  Jim Chuk

post-329-0-76683600-1391751009_thumb.jpg

post-329-0-74838000-1391751077_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim Chuk

Posted

Does anyone know where a person could come up with new original style mounts? I removed my engine to rebuild and would like to replace them if possible.

Posted

I have a Diana smother mt for sale

Posted (edited)

If you are referring to the rubber mounts, you cut them yourself from a piece of rubber that came with the kit.  Should be more info on what type of rubber and where to get it in the archives perhaps.  Jim Chuk

This was a reply to trackwelder's question.  I thought I clicked on the quote button, but his message didn't show up with mine. 

Edited by Jim Chuk

Posted

I have a 582 mount for a MKIV.

Posted

Anyone know where to get the rubber mounts for the dynafocal mount? I have that type of mount and I imagine they are probably getting to be about ready for replacement.

Posted

I think CPS has them.  (lord plate mounts)  Just looked in my latest LEAF catalog, and they have them as well.  Page 20.....  Jim Chuk

Posted

Anybody can compare this 2 mounts? or provide more information about the Dynasmooth?

I need to replace my engine mount due to vibrations and cracks, is too old I don´t want to keep on patching a bunch of old maybe rusted pipes!

Regards

Dimi3

Posted

Snaps asked me to post this pic for him.

post-40-0-93622100-1396404023_thumb.jpg

Posted

I am planning on making my own version of the dyna smooth mount when I get to that point of the 800 conversion.  I have a spare stock "C" mount in the shop.  if your interested in a trade let me know.

:BC: