Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Good site.

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Admins, Mods, all you rock stars who keep this site going:

I wanted to ask you where you came up with the format for this forum. I find it extremely easy to navigate, it has a great mobile version, and something about the blue and the fonts and the layout is just inviting.  Fun happy place.

I've used yahoo groups for a while, it sucked.  Then yahoo decided to change it and now it's worse.  Team kitfox is confusing as hell and always has been.  Google groups looks like something out of the 80s.  Some of the automotive ones are just plain scary.  Basically, they're NOT inviting.  For a newcomer, they say "go away, we're above you, you wouldn't understand, oh, btw you violated rule 5b of section II chapter 5.3 of our members agreement"   Oops, Joey, you might wanna move this over to the "hardcore" section.

Only things I noticed about this site are minor - Lots of categories, so they tend to overlap, the "rotax" one shows up in two places.

But overall, Bravo friends!  How did you do it??

Mark

2 people like this

Posted

Mark,

Thanks for the cudos.  This is the same forum software that was used on one of the snowmachine forums I hang out on so when I got booted off the Matronix site, I put this one up and used the same software I was used to using.  I am embarrassed to say that I have not spent the time I should on learning all I can do with the software, setting up the headers etc. but I spend too much time dealing with hackers and building / flying the planes :lol:  One day I will have time to finish the site the way I wanted to originally.

There is only one rule here that I try to enforce.. no direct attacks on other members, unless of course, they desperately deserve it.  If ya act like a jackass, be prepared to be called and treated like a jackass :lmao:

The funny thing about the site with virtually no rules and full freedom... I have NEVER had to moderate a post or ban a member here.  The only post moderation EVER done here was to move a subject to a proper thread. other than that, no posts have been moderated or deleted.  I find that pretty significant as EVERY other kitfox or avid related forum, list or group I have been on had some heavy handed moderating going on :snack:

Glad you like the site, hope I can keep it up to your standards :lol:

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Leni, and Joey too,

Many THANKS for setting up the site where even an old dinosauer like me can put in 2 cents worth.

I have enjoyed the site and the members, and have gotten a lot more from it than I can possibly put in.

We have a considerate group here - lets hope it stays that way.

Good Flying,

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I second that Ed, thanks to everyone for all there help and great ideas in building my avid,id like to buy everyone a round if we ever have a fly in, me and my flying buddy talk about flying up to Alaska so maybe one of these days it will happen.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I second that Ed, thanks to everyone for all there help and great ideas in building my avid,id like to buy everyone a round if we ever have a fly in, me and my flying buddy talk about flying up to Alaska so maybe one of these days it will happen.

And I wish I had known you when I made my many trips to Alaska thru B.C. and Yukon Territory - Could have shared some JD to keep the cold out! Hope you get the WB good and fly soon. Fly down to Mizry someday and I will show you flatland flying.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Thank you everyone for your contributions. It's the members that make a site not the software. With that said if there's something that really bugs you with the layout or functionality don't be afraid to voice your concerns or opinion. There's a magical land that Leni and I can go to and do lots of stuff with how this place looks it's just a matter of finding the time to figure it out and not accidently deleting something.

Posted

Ed or anyone else ever flying threw this area,100 Mile House has and air strip basically right in town, alot of guys make it a stop flying threw to Alaska cause your within easy walking distance to motels , resturants  ,beer etc. Maybe one day Ed  I'll buy you some JD,my friend flew a 701 zenair all the way back from Florida abut 2 years ago,so who knows were we may venture to, unfortunately im self employed  an in a deep hole after a divorce a year ago :bday: ,more time  less money,I herd its called AIDS aviation induced divorce syndrome

1 person likes this

Posted

I found myself in the same hole a few yeas ago... still getting over the sting of that one!  Hope to be flying through your area in the next year or so.  Will swing in for some lies and drinks on the way through!

:BC:

Posted

Been thru that war 3 times - Too old to try it again, so got to keep this one so I can keep the bird!

All wounds heal - it just takes time, and a little Bud Lite or JD, just keep it little.

EDMO

Posted

Sounds good Leni, and Ed