Followers 0

Weather permitting

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I fly her home next Tuesday weather permitting

post-684-0-64185600-1380513658_thumb.jpg

post-684-0-10024300-1380513686_thumb.jpg

Posted

Congrats!  Hoping for good weather for you!

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks Larry,..I'm looking at the weather every morning noon and night :) the 10 day forecast is looking good,..but unil its monday night  oct 7th at 10:00 pm I don't completely trust the reports ,..this area has forecasted sunshine and severe clear too many times and have it turn to thunderstorms and hail in a heart beat

Posted

Sweet!  Great looking Bird.... You normally see that scheme on a kick ass biplane (Christen Eagle)

Post up trip and flight reports, take lotsa pictures!

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Back in the Game again (well, almost), congrats! I like the graphics a lot, looks like the spawn of Christian Eagle and Avid logos to me. :-)

1 person likes this

Posted

I will be posting photo's of the first adventure with this plane from departure at M48 to arrival at airport where kitfox is, and back , wont get close enough to get a picture of the stainless steel arch in St Louis, but plenty of inflight photo's of the formation flight back :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice!

1 person likes this

Posted

I had asked the builder back when I first contacted him if it was the vinyl christen eagle logo and he said no,.he painted it on there, I am ok with it I guess,..my main concerns ..LSA 912UL  a kitfox and a tail dragger,..this one happens to be a 5 and capable of a 1550 gross even though registered for 1320 :) the builder is a mechanical engineer,..but to save time when he bought it he opted for the quick build on everything,..so it's basically a factory built plane,..he rib stitched her,..a big plus,..he bought the airframe in 98,..but bought the motor in 2005 finished it in  2006,..so getting the quick build options doesn't seem like it sped up his build ,..there isn't too much for SB's listed on the motor,..there is 1 that has 2 parts to raise the TBO time from 1200 to 1500 hrs,..it's got a little over 550 hours on it now,..if I pay the plane $20,00 an hr when I fly it,..come TBO time I can just replace it with a brand new 912UL, so that's the plan

Posted

(I still think you're crazy if you want to get rid of that smooth cowl.  It's a nice looking plane as is.)

Posted (edited)

I called John today and asked what was involved with changing it to a bump cowl,..he told me new motor mount etc,..completely different FWF , I thought maybe it was the same motor mount,..and new fiberglass isn't bad at $850- $900,..so chances are it will stay a smooth cowl,..but I will probably change the paint scheme down the road

for now I'm happy just to get back in a kitfox :)

Edited by SkyPirate

Posted

She is home :)

post-684-0-68840600-1381461457_thumb.jpg

Posted

beautiful plane,something about a white plane just looks clean.