Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AVID SPAR QUESTION

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Leni,

I'm on the search for the .083 aluminum tubing now too. Did you ever find any supplier for this? I need enough to redo the right wing as I'm sure you've probably already seen on the other post.

Posted

The supplier here said they could not get it.  I found some place online last year to order it, but shipping to here was a show stopper.  I will look on the other computer and see if I have the place I found book marked.

:BC:

Posted

onlinemetals.com has 2024 T3 in 2 inch x .083, but not 2.5 inch.  Might call to ask, might make them think about it....

Mark

Posted

I know its a long shot but if you can get a hold of Brett and not be in a hurry he has a source for the spar material. I got mine from him a couple years ago but it did take a while for me to get them. might be worse now but worth a shot.

Posted

Troy, just aircraft should be able to help,they also have the ibeam iner sleve at the strut fitting

Could probably bring to osh to shave shipping

Posted

From the price I have seen that Just wants for their kits and tanks, I don't think it will be affordable.

EDMO

Posted

What are they asking for the wing tanks Ed?

Posted (edited)

OMG Doug - They wanted so much that it scared me into forgetting - Like $900/1300/1600 each or something - Seems like either theirs or Rans were too big to fit between AvidFox spars too.  I was just looking for a plastic  tank.   I decided that I could buy lots of Vinylester epoxy and cut/reline my tanks if I got a leak. 

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

Just buys their I-beam extrusion material from the same supplier in a joint agreement with Kitfox. I ink you'll find McBean to be cheaper on this.

Brett gets his spar material from the link I posted earlier along with all of his 4130. You will find that the spar tubing is available in 10 or 20' lengths. If you are using 12' spars you will have 8' drops. This is what Brett makes all the wing extension kits from. My friend with the hybrid built his wings from scratch and sold the drops to Brett.

Edited by Av8r3400