Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Changing over to the 582

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Joey or Leni, do either one of you guys have any pictures of your 582 installation. I am going to start working on my switch over. I will be using cheek radiators and I am thinking of going with mixed gas, instead of oil injection. The firewall forward package I got did not come with the radiator cap and thermostat, where would I get those parts?

Thanks,

Mark

Posted

Joey or Leni, do either one of you guys have any pictures of your 582 installation. I am going to start working on my switch over. I will be using cheek radiators and I am thinking of going with mixed gas, instead of oil injection. The firewall forward package I got did not come with the radiator cap and thermostat, where would I get those parts?

Thanks,

Mark

I am using a radiator cap off a snowmachine now (13 pound cap) and the thermostat came from NAPA. Are the cheek radiators the one that mounts to front of the engine / gear box like the MK IV or are they the ones that mount in the side of the cowling? If they are the cowling mounted ones, I would SERIOUSLY think about going to the belly radiator and tossing the others out the window (from about 15,000')

I will look on the laptop when I get up to the room in a bit and see if I have any pics of the install on mine.

I bet Randy (suberavid has some good shots of the engine on his MK IV which should be about the same as yours.

:BC:

Posted

I am using a radiator cap off a snowmachine now (13 pound cap) and the thermostat came from NAPA. Are the cheek radiators the one that mounts to front of the engine / gear box like the MK IV or are they the ones that mount in the side of the cowling? If they are the cowling mounted ones, I would SERIOUSLY think about going to the belly radiator and tossing the others out the window (from about 15,000')

I will look on the laptop when I get up to the room in a bit and see if I have any pics of the install on mine.

I bet Randy (suberavid has some good shots of the engine on his MK IV which should be about the same as yours.

:BC:src="http://www.avidfoxflyers.com/public/style_emoticons/default/BC.gif">

I can't find any pics of the MKIV FWF here at the house but I can take some of it if needed when I get out to the hangar (and if someone else doesn't send some first).

Posted

Here are a few pics of my first MK IV right after I got it. What in particular were you wanting to see? I can get some of my latest MK IV later if you want. Take care, Jim Chuk

I can't find any pics of the MKIV FWF here at the house but I can take some of it if needed when I get out to the hangar (and if someone else doesn't send some first).

post-329-1355061598251_thumb.jpg

post-329-13550616183698_thumb.jpg

post-329-13550616443359_thumb.jpg

Posted

:BC:/>

Yes, my radiators look like they mount just like Jim's do, on each side of the gear box. I like looking at all of the pictures I can, makes it much easier for me.

Posted

Here are a few pics of my first MK IV right after I got it. What in particular were you wanting to see? I can get some of my latest MK IV later if you want. Take care, Jim Chuk

Thanks Jim,

Your installation looks like mine should be. I will look at all of the pictures I can.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted

Bandit... My pics...sorry it took so long...Been busy

IMG_5397-1.jpg

IMG_5398-2.jpg

IMG_5395-2.jpg

Hope this helps

Posted

Joey,

Can you post up more pictures of your throttle control system there on top of the engine?? Mine has always been a pain in the ass and does not really work well. I was thinking about going over to a system like the Kitfox uses because the 3 I have flown the throttles were butter smooth. Mine is pretty damn stiff.

Thanks

:BC: