Avid 582 firewall muffler mount?

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of their firewall muffler mount. My Avid factory muffler mount is still okey, but I need to make a heat muff to warm up the cockpit. Having a firewall mount will allow the muff to be longer and that should let me get more heat off of it. Also if anyone has pics of their heat muff/heat system, I would like to see them. I'm in northern Mn, and am wearing a snowmobile suit allready when I go flying. Thanks, Jim Chuk

Edited by Jim Chuk

Posted

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of their firewall muffler mount. My Avid factory muffler mount is still okey, but I need to make a heat muff to warm up the cockpit. Having a firewall mount will allow the muff to be longer and that should let me get more heat off of it. Also if anyone has pics of their heat muff/heat system, I would like to see them. I'm in northern Mn, and am wearing a snowmobile suit allready when I go flying. Thanks, Jim Chuk

I have not seen a firewall mount, but I do have some pictures on my laptop that shows my heat muff (I think) Mine works great and I fly at -30 without gloves in the cockpit. I put 2 muffs on mine. The first one is on the down tube from the Y pipe. That "preheats" the air pretty darn good. Then it feeds into the normal muff around the expansion chamber and into the cockpit. Works very well for me!

:BC:

Posted

Thanks for the reply Leni, I would like to see the pics you have if you could post them. You must really have it figured out pretty good to be able to fly in that cold of weather! Thanks, Jim Chuk

I have not seen a firewall mount, but I do have some pictures on my laptop that shows my heat muff (I think) Mine works great and I fly at -30 without gloves in the cockpit. I put 2 muffs on mine. The first one is on the down tube from the Y pipe. That "preheats" the air pretty darn good. Then it feeds into the normal muff around the expansion chamber and into the cockpit. Works very well for me!

Posted

Thanks for the reply Leni, I would like to see the pics you have if you could post them. You must really have it figured out pretty good to be able to fly in that cold of weather! Thanks, Jim Chuk

I will be outta the office in about 45 minutes and will see if I can find the pics.

Just to kick the beehive for those who may remember..... NO pot scrubbers were used in the making of my heat muff! :lmao::lol:

Posted

I will be outta the office in about 45 minutes and will see if I can find the pics.

Just to kick the beehive for those who may remember..... NO pot scrubbers were used in the making of my heat muff!

Leni,

You are a pot scrubber now that your married ;)!!!! Takes one to know one, Bryce