Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Guy

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I didn't really know where to put this so I'll try here. I've been reading the forum for about a month and figured it was time to introduce myself. My name's Jim. I live in Valley Springs, CA at the edge of the sierra foothills. I have a Mark IV and I'm in the process of installing a new 582. I might have a few questions since it's a little different than my old grey head. I bought my Avid in 1992 and got my air worthiness cert in 1994.

Jim

Posted

I didn't really know where to put this so I'll try here. I've been reading the forum for about a month and figured it was time to introduce myself. My name's Jim. I live in Valley Springs, CA at the edge of the sierra foothills. I have a Mark IV and I'm in the process of installing a new 582. I might have a few questions since it's a little different than my old grey head. I bought my Avid in 1992 and got my air worthiness cert in 1994.

Jim

Welcome Jim, There should be some answers from the rotax drivers on this site.

Good Flying,

ED in MO

Posted

Welcome Jim. In sure you either already know or soon will get to know one of our core members, C5engineer, Joey, who is not far from you.

Posted

Hey Jim, glad to have another 2-stroke guy on the forums. I'm still in the learning stages with my grey head but it hasn't let me down yet.

Posted

And another welcome to ya! Look up Joey as Larry said, he did a grey to blue head swap on his along with alot of other upgrades. You guys are close enough that you should be able to hook up and see how n what he has done to his plane.

:BC:

Posted

Jim I fly out of Nut Tree in Vacaville. I installed a new blue head from a silver head a few years ago on my B model. Jus had to mod the cowl a little to clear the bypass hose. I will send you a private message with my contact info. There is a handful of Avid Kitfox guys around this area and it's always nice to meet more.

Joey

Posted

...another welcome to the New Guy!

Posted

thanks for the warm welcome. I've looked at a couple of Avid sites but you guys seem to fit in with my political incorrectness.

Joey:

I noticed that the bypass hose will rub on one of the motor mounts. I think the motor mounts are different on the Mark IV than what you have. I haven't been flying as much in the last couple of years because I haven't had anyone to go flying with. It will be nice to meet some new people and have some new places to go.

Jim