Pull Starter

29 posts in this topic

Posted

I tried hand propping my Subaru when it was warm from running.  No way I could even get it to think about firing. 

Ed. I had the Warp on it at the time and I don't think it would ever be a problem with those but think it could be with the IVO.  It is a lot softer prop.

Posted

A buddy of me has already hand prop his 912 sky ranger when he loose his keys, no mater , on a composite 3 blade. As for me, i'm going to pull start and if this no good choice, i'will put an electric start. 

I've heard somewhere that it's good to have something consuming electricity when you don't have a batterie with the 582; IS IT TRUE?

:beerchug:

Posted

I've seen that video of Dave and still don't know how he did it.

If I were to guess, a hell of a lot of upper body strength and endurance!  I got winded just watching him!:o

Posted

I've heard somewhere that it's good to have something consuming electricity when you don't have a batterie with the 582; IS IT TRUE?

That is true.  I believe Rotax regulators need some load on they.  If my memory is right, Airwolf had a diagram in their Proper Care and Feeding of the Rotax Engine Section of the CPS catalog showing how to wire up using a Rotax regulator with or without a battery.  Jim  Chuk

:beerchug: