Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Skyraider Performance

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I have around 7 hours now on my Skyraider,Just curious if you guys have to put a ton of left rudder on takeoff.I know that the 582 is all the power you would want with it.I have mostly just flown around the pattern, at 5800 RPM,s I indicate about 82 MPH.The yaw is real sensitive but I think most of it is me.I have only done 3 point landings and will do so for awhile.Starting to have fun now,at first it was real nerve racking,my landings are not embarrasing all the time now and once in awhile I'll half assed grease one.Will send pics when I can let go of the stick long enough to click one off. Randy

Posted

I have around 7 hours now on my Skyraider,Just curious if you guys have to put a ton of left rudder on takeoff.I know that the 582 is all the power you would want with it.I have mostly just flown around the pattern, at 5800 RPM,s I indicate about 82 MPH.The yaw is real sensitive but I think most of it is me.I have only done 3 point landings and will do so for awhile.Starting to have fun now,at first it was real nerve racking,my landings are not embarrasing all the time now and once in awhile I'll half assed grease one.Will send pics when I can let go of the stick long enough to click one off. Randy

Yes, if I am at a stand still full power and release brakes, I am holding ALOT of left rudder. On floats the same. I find that doing rolling takeoffs I dont have to stand on the rudder as much. Anytime you get it slowed down and are carrying alot of power you will be standing on the rudder too.

For greasers, elevator controls airspeed and throttle controls decent rate. A little blip of power just before touchdown will smooth those buggers out.

:BC:

Posted

I'll second that, i put around 20 hrs on my skyraider I with the 447 and you had to put in a fair amount of left rudder on takeoff it was very fun and easy to fly i did all mtn flying in it up to 11,000' and had a blast. now working on an AVID C kit though :)

Enjoy the sky's