Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SLIME in Bush Tires

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anybody have an opinion on using SLIME in Bush Tires (Nanco 21X12X8) on a Kitfox? I just had them mounted and the old weather cracked KingFox 21X12X8 tires had SLIME in them. Just wondering if it was in there because of a slow leak because of the weathering, or if it is normal practice by Bush Pilots to help seal Thorn or Sticker punctures. Thanks for your interest... Bob

Posted

I don't know what is normal practice but I put slime in my 21x12-8 tires to prevent a flat. I had Goat Head stickers in them after I landed in our airport's grass strip. That got me concerned.

Posted

I had a slow leak around the bead of one and added slime..fixed it up and on my other I landed at Johnson Creek and found a piece of wire in my tire. I used fix a flat on that one. Nasty mess whenever I have to tear it apart but it's holding air for now. I would not put it in just because. Wait till you need to if ever.

Posted

Alaska bush wheels has a product they put in their tires that everyone seems to swear by. I have not had any issues with the Nanco tires, but we did with the kingfox tires. It seemed with those one side or the other would be low every time we went to fly.