Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox/Avid drag fittings

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I am looking for a source for just the drag/anti-drag strut attatch fittings that are secured to the 2.5" wing tubes/spars. I can make them , but I would like to see if there are any sources before I fabricate a jig and add more still to my build chores. I am not too keen on flattening a tube and riveting it to the spar tube. Any help * tips * pointers * jeers from the stands are all welcome !

Thanks in advance...

Posted

I am looking for a source for just the drag/anti-drag strut attatch fittings that are secured to the 2.5" wing tubes/spars. I can make them , but I would like to see if there are any sources before I fabricate a jig and add more still to my build chores. I am not too keen on flattening a tube and riveting it to the spar tube. Any help * tips * pointers * jeers from the stands are all welcome !

Thanks in advance...

There were some issues with the flattened ends breaking off quite some time back. The cure was to make light ply triangles and glue them into the corners. This took care of all the issues as far as I am aware.

Are you looking into making some sort of an insert into the tubing that can then be riveted into the drag links kind of like the tip ends used on the ultralights :dunno:

:BC:

Posted

well I just learned something new! akflyerbob sent me this picture of the fittings you are looking for. Call kitfox and John should be able to hook you up! I think they were used on the model III and later kitfox planes.

:BC:

post-2-13173985527539_thumb.jpg

Posted

Now that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks !!! I will give a call to them soon. Need to see what other oddities I will be in need of......