Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Skyraider Flight

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Took the Skyraider up out of the pattern Sunday for the first time.I had to keep a little left rudder in it the whole time,a buddy is going to help me with the strut rod end and try it again.It got really windy so could only go up for one flight.I flew for 45 minutes and the temp stay at 155 to 160. EGT at 5500 RPM was 1080 on one and around 1070 on two.The door flew open twice and the wind came up higher than expected,the landing was a little hairy but made it home.Ive decided not to fly in the wind until I get a little more time on it.All in al I think it will be a fun little machine. Randy

post-104-13138001216605_thumb.jpg

post-104-13138003505497_thumb.jpg

post-104-13138004633167_thumb.jpg

Posted

Congrats!!! It only get's better from there. If you end up having to use a rudder trim tab 1/2" 3M double sided tape from the hardware store and a scrap piece of aluminum work's great.

Posted

She is looking damn good Randy! I think once you get some time in it you will be surprised how much wind these lil guys can handle! At any rate, dont push your comfort levels early on, thats when the boogie man gets ya!

:BC: