Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wounded Bird

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Why is it that answering machines always have bad news on them. Today i returned home after a funeral and a 16 hour drive to find one of those "uh-oh" beeps on the answering machine. A friend who lets me store my plane in his hangar had some bad news. He had fallen off a ladder from just a couple steps up but his shoulder caught the outboard edge of the flaperon and broke the ends off the two most outboard flaperon ribs. He feels terrible and has offered to pay for the repairs. He said he felt so bad he almost got sick. I'm not mad at all just sad that i won't get to fly my little AVID for the next few weeks while its getting fixed. :(

I wondering where to get the ribs from and seeing as i'm going to have it open i might as well put a second gas tank in so i have one in each wing. I assume Brett at Airdale for the ribs but does anyone have any suggestions on where to get the wing tank?

Thanks,

Darcy

Posted

Why is it that answering machines always have bad news on them. Today i returned home after a funeral and a 16 hour drive to find one of those "uh-oh" beeps on the answering machine. A friend who lets me store my plane in his hangar had some bad news. He had fallen off a ladder from just a couple steps up but his shoulder caught the outboard edge of the flaperon and broke the ends off the two most outboard flaperon ribs. He feels terrible and has offered to pay for the repairs. He said he felt so bad he almost got sick. I'm not mad at all just sad that i won't get to fly my little AVID for the next few weeks while its getting fixed. sad.gif

I wondering where to get the ribs from and seeing as i'm going to have it open i might as well put a second gas tank in so i have one in each wing. I assume Brett at Airdale for the ribs but does anyone have any suggestions on where to get the wing tank?

Thanks,

Darcy

Brett has thewm, both plastic and fiberglass, the fiberglass was more expensive.

Posted

You can replace just the rib tails and not the whole rib. Its easy to do as I replaced ALL of mine for the flaperon hangers. Brett can fix you up on all the parts needed.

Sucks that she got broke but its a good thing that he is willing to step up and pay for it!

BC.gif

Posted

Brett is going to get me the back rib hangars to splice in. I'm going to remove all the fabric, inspect and recover the wing while i've got it off the plane. As much as it sucks to have to repair it, i do enjoy the work. :) Now if i could only build planes for a living. Then i'd never really have to work ever again....