Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Eastern Pa. Here!

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Just got approved by the moderators so here’s my intro!
I'm recently retired and in the process of earning my PPL. I actually flew as a teenager (soloed at 16) but never got my ticket. It’s nice to finally have the free time needed. Eventually I’d like to buy an aircraft but may go Light Sport or ultralight, not sure. One thing I REALLY like are amphibians! I live near the Chesapeake Bay and have enjoyed boating it for many years.

Looking around, I’ve discovered a few prospects, including the SeaRey, Icon (both$$$$), Adventura, Challenger (w/ floats) Excalibur, etc. BUT the Avid Catalina looks very interesting. I wish they were still manufacturing kits but that’s the way it goes. I realize to land on water another rating is required but that won’t stop me from buying one and using it at the airport until the rating is obtained. My flying will consist of local flights with the longest being maybe 150 miles to visit family, so I’d be content with a slower plane, but it must be 2 place for my princess!

Posted

Welcome to the group.  There are Catalinas popping up occasionally.    Keep an eye on barnstormers for one place.  From time to time one shows up on here.   JImChuk

Posted

Thank you, Jim. Reading thru the forum, it looks like a nice group here and it’s great how much information is shared!

1 person likes this