Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid C Model S/N 738 For Sle

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't know why the text didn't go with the pics but here it is now, Terry

Hi all, I am selling my  Avid C Model S/N 738 as I have been unable to renew my aviation medical and will have to give up flying. It has 122 hours on it and was originally imported in 2013 from the US although very little paperwork came with it. I bought here in Canada and it had never completed import requirements here so I completed the import inspection requirements in April 2022 and it was issued with a Canadian Special Certificate of Aiworthiness. I have only flown it 7 hours since then.  I have a converted boat trailer that it will fit on.  Price is $20,000 Canadian for plane and trailer. It has an IVO Prop Medium on it. At some point in time the previous owner installed a Rotax 582UL Bluehead engine (S/N 3971023R) and flew the aircraft without a valid C of A so there was no logbook to verify the time. A new logbook was started with times from the original import in 2013.

The aircraft was recovered using PolyFiber system and 2.97oz dacron. New windscreen and doors, widened the fuselage, new bungees. Fiberglass leading edge with 2” nose extension, fiberglass wingtips, wing ribs modified to speed wing matching Riblet airfoil closely and flapperon hangers metalized. Empty weight 616 lbs Gross weight 1050. Also has a set of covers for cockpit area. Has the nose gear support tubing built in. It has several of the MKIV Mod, Cowling and Fiberglass seat etc.

Here are a few pics and a small video if they upload correctly, I have other pics available.

Thanks Terry

1 person likes this

Posted

If I wasn't already up to my neck in airplanes, I'd be all over this!!! for sure

Posted

The aircraft is sold, thanks.

Terry