912 uls radiator/fairing for IV speedster

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone have a picture of the mods they made to use the speedster radiator fairing for the rotax 912 radiator?   I'm assuming that the 912 radiator is the one to use- I'm in Texas, so it does get warm every now and then. I'd kicked back and forth using the smaller radiator, and using the heater core as an adjunct radiator if needed, but..

Any pics would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jack  (Austin, TX)

Posted

I picked up a 912 radiator, and started looking at the mods to the radiator speed fairing- it's a total rebuild. Which made me start figuring.. So, can anyone tell me why the cooling area of the vaunted 912 radiator is actually *smaller* by two square inches than the 582 radiator, which fits the speed fairing?  And how that makes it better?  Extra capacity by a few ounces in the side chambers can be cured, and I don't think the heat flow differential of two inches in height is going to make that much of a difference.

I had all the measurements for the "bigger" 912 radiator, but hadn't sized the "smaller" 582 radiator.  Still spending time learning about radiators, thinking I may go the 582 route. Any thoughts?  Anyone have experience with those 2-row ebay 582 radiators?

There's always sometHing.  

Thanks, Jack