Plans/Kit for Avid Flyer

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone know who supplies plans or kits for Avid Flyers?

I have an Avid Flyer and I need the serial number. I suppose that the one who provides or provided the plans or kits would be able to help me in this. Thanks.

Posted

Nobody currently is supplying kits.  There never were plans available to the public for the Avid Flyers either.  Are you trying to find a serial number for registration purposes?  If that is the case, you as the builder of the kit can make up your own serial number.  Do you know what model it was (A,B, C, or MK IV)?   Jerry Matison who was an owner of Avid at one point has a listing of who the original kits were sold to.  Of course then you would need the serial number or original owner.   JImChuk

Posted

Thank you for your quick reply. The authorities want some documentation on the serial number. This is a model C and I happen to have a serial number 948. I have contacted the builder but he does not know about any serial number. Do you know how I can contact Jerry Matison? Thank you.

Posted

Avid serial numbers ran sequentially,  and 948 falls within the numbers of C model Avids.  At about 1000, they became MK IV models.  B models are about up to 250.  The serial number is not stamped on the plane.  Jerry Matison lives in western Mn.  Alexandria I think or close to it.  I don't have his contact info though.  JImChuk

Posted

Does anyone know who supplies plans or kits for Avid Flyers?

I have an Avid Flyer and I need the serial number. I suppose that the one who provides or provided the plans or kits would be able to help me in this. Thanks.

just got feedback from Jerry Matison, and he can’t find any records of that serial numbered plane,SORRY

1 person likes this