Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Back on build of Airdale

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello all

I'm, not real tech savy so bear with me 

New Guy here,  started an Airdale project a few years back and then life got in the way and the project stopped.

I now want to get going on it again.This project has extended speed wing, I would like to ask you all for some help or advice on the difference in performance on speed wing vs stol wing ?

I need to change out the old fiberglass fuel tanks to new ethenol resistant tanks, if I can locate some

I have given thought of building new wings with the profile that kitfox uses on the 7 not sti, but extend the rib tails like avid wing so I can use same flaperon

I would be OK with building wing to avid magnum specs ,like Randy  has done with his awesome looking avid plus.

Thank for any help

Ed

Posted

I wouldn't extent the rib tails If your going to make new wings. Just put the new flaperon where they are on the kitfox it seems to work well. Wish I had an airdale should have bought the one that was local to me with the harley engine.

Posted

Thanks, TJay

I would be ok in doing that, I have already spent the time and dollars on making new flaperons and they have different hinges than the kitfox.

I enjoyed checking out your  build of wings and your plane

NICE JOB!!

1 person likes this

Posted

If you already have the flaperons then I would just use the original wing I always liked the airdale wing has a nice symmetrical wing on it. Good luck and post some pictures