Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox wing install

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Long story so will make it short.  I previously owned an airdale (project, not flying) from 2012-2015 then sold it to Brian in Canada and just bought it back from him (still in project form).  My question is has anyone put kitfox 5-7 wings on any avid aircraft.  I would really like to do it but Kitfox will not sell wings to you unless you have a Kitfox aircraft SN.  I have flown (owned) an avid C model with HH wings and have flown a Kitfox 4 and was really impressed how the Kitfox flew against the avid.  I have research quite a bit and know the angle of incidence will be different but there is no fabric on the plane so could modifly if need be now.  Any feedback on this good or bad is appreciated.  Just for reference it has the extended speed wing on it now but they were not new wings and I am a little worried about the spar stiffener not being sufficient for the gross weight of the plane, just one more reason I would like the Kitfox wings.  Thanks, Mark

Posted

You would have to build new wings. you cant buy a used set because the model 5-7 have a different length spar carry throu Meaning the front is longer than the rear If I remember right.  You could always scratch build a set of wings they are a pretty simple design. But you can also buy The ibeam stiffeners from kitfox or just for your wings.