Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Avid Owner

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone,

My name is Darcy and over the last week i've purchased an Avid STOL serial number 1057. I've been trying to find an Avid for a while and when fate put one only 40 miles from me and at an extremely reasonable price, i jumped on it. Almost literally! Needless to say i'm extremely excited to get it home. It's waiting in the good hands of a small flying of which i just recently rejoined and although i could of just joined the club and starting flying it, i couldn't pass up the opportunity to make an offer. The gentlemen there have taken good care of it and haven't really flown it much since the club purchased it about 10 years ago. With the great performance of this machine and some cosmetic adjustments, i think it'll be a heck of good little plane. The only down side to buying this Avid is my '46 J3 cub that i'm restoring is taking a back burner. I might just have to sell it one of these days.

Anyways, i thought i'd just introduce myself and also to let you know that you have a great site here with loads of information that i am grateful for.

Darcy

Posted

Hello everyone,

My name is Darcy and over the last week i've purchased an Avid STOL serial number 1057. I've been trying to find an Avid for a while and when fate put one only 40 miles from me and at an extremely reasonable price, i jumped on it. Almost literally! Needless to say i'm extremely excited to get it home. It's waiting in the good hands of a small flying of which i just recently rejoined and although i could of just joined the club and starting flying it, i couldn't pass up the opportunity to make an offer. The gentlemen there have taken good care of it and haven't really flown it much since the club purchased it about 10 years ago. With the great performance of this machine and some cosmetic adjustments, i think it'll be a heck of good little plane. The only down side to buying this Avid is my '46 J3 cub that i'm restoring is taking a back burner. I might just have to sell it one of these days.

Anyways, i thought i'd just introduce myself and also to let you know that you have a great site here with loads of information that i am grateful for.

Darcy

Welcome aboard Darcy. Dont be afraid to post up pics of your new bird!

:BC:

Posted

Welcome to the forum!! Your gonna love your Avid!! I just rented a 172 the other day to take my parents flying while they were here visiting and man was it boring after flying my Avid for 2 years!!