Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hirth 3202

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Think I am on speaking terms with the Hirth now. A lot of experimenting with carb jets to find the correct size and going to a softer barry mount on the engine to calm it down a bit. Also got the static RPM set. So now to the airstrip for final testing. Of course the weather wants to be difficult with high winds and rain.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thought you'd given up on 2-strokes Allen?  I sure have.

:news:

Posted

I still have it listed but until I part with it, I'll keep all intentions of flying it. Currently things aren't selling like they once were months ago. Yes, due to my terrain, I'd like a reliable four stroke but from all reports I've been reading, this Hirth is almost as reliable as the 4 strokes I've been reading about. A 912 (which isn't my #1 choice anyhow) is too heavy for a model 2, a Jab 2200 is hard to find right now, if its a good one. An HKS is also rare to find and since they aren't currently in production parts are questionable. So after all the items are added up, this Hirth is one of 2 or 3 options available. A 582 is a great package if set up properly, a 503 has to be run pretty hard for any performance to be had, so a 55-58 hp Hirth with a 1200 hr TBO (I already have it mounted) is the reasonable option for now. Though the 1200 TBO I think is a little over stated. But its new so 500 hrs isn't out of the question.

1 person likes this