Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Brad's Avid Model B in Boise, Idaho

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello Members,

I am Brad Brummett. I live in Boise, Idaho.  I recently purchased a Model B, Serial # 307. The aircraft kit was purchased from an estate sale in Mountain Home, Idaho. The paperwork indicates that Mike Myers of Everett, WA owned the kit at some point. The kit assembly has been started but not completed. The kit has two sets of wings and flaperons. The speed wings are covered. The longer wings have some ribs glued in place and there are two wing tanks that appear to fit these wings. I don't know, but suspect them to be the STOL wings and not the Heavy Hauler wings. No engine or mount came with the sale. I do have two props and a spring type landing gear that I will be selling.  I have not completed an inventory of all the pieces.  I do know that I am missing one of the turtle back covers. I have been in aviation since 1975 when I earned my private pilot certificate and currently fly both airplanes and helicopters. 

I look forward to starting work on my new project, after getting my currrent home projects completed. I anticipate a 6 month delay prior to the Avid surfacing in my garage. 

Edited by OLDMNSX
Mistake

Posted

:welcome: Brad

Here's a thread you might find helpful.

Avid Wing Technical Differences

Posted

Welcome to the group.  I had B model #247 for a while and it was a nice little airplane.  It only weighed 445, and with a 532, it climbed like a homesick angel....  Feel free to ask questions if the need arises.  The people on this forum are a good bunch and willing to help.  JImChuk

Posted

Thanks guys for the info and the warm welcome. As I get caught up I will start venturing to the storage facility and doing an inventory of pieces and parts. Spar tube and lift strut thickness seem critical. Knowing these should tell a story of what I really have to work with. 

Looking forward to getting to know you folks,

Thanks,

Brad