Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sold my 140

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, I finally sold my Cessna 140. I bought it in February of 2003 and it has been a great little aircraft. Most of my flying has been out to my parent's cabin, but I've taken a few trips around the state with it. With a 125 HP Lycoming (85 HP Continental is standard) it was a good performer. But with a growing family it is just a little to small. It will be awhile before I can get anything bigger, but it will be easier to save up without an airplane rifling through the wallet.

The new owner is a great guy and seems like he'll put some time on it. I haven't been flying as much as I used to and it always pains me to see aircraft sitting around for any length of time. In the meantime I'll continue window shopping for the next plane.

-Nate

Posted

Well, I finally sold my Cessna 140. I bought it in February of 2003 and it has been a great little aircraft. Most of my flying has been out to my parent's cabin, but I've taken a few trips around the state with it. With a 125 HP Lycoming (85 HP Continental is standard) it was a good performer. But with a growing family it is just a little to small. It will be awhile before I can get anything bigger, but it will be easier to save up without an airplane rifling through the wallet.

The new owner is a great guy and seems like he'll put some time on it. I haven't been flying as much as I used to and it always pains me to see aircraft sitting around for any length of time. In the meantime I'll continue window shopping for the next plane.

-Nate

So whats the scoop on the sea ray?? Have you flown it yet?

I was lost without a plane, hopefully you have access to one so you can still get out and about when the urge strikes!

:BC:

Posted

I flew the Searey twice this summer. Awesome visibility. It has a few things that need to be fixed (electrical problem and engine oil leak) before it can fly again. If I lived in Florida it would be great, but the structure is not at all rugged. And I am looking for something with four seats. So once it is airworthy it will be for sale.