Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Inductive Panel Mount Tachs

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Shopping for the best price on a TinyTach TT2A and was surprised to find a local (to me) company makes and sells a similar product for under $40. I've read a fair number of posts about faulty TinyTachs and wonder if anyone has heard of or has any experience with the SenDEC tach? Among others, Cabela's sells it and it has rec'd 4 out of 5 stars rating there. https://www.sendec-p...s.com/index.php

Posted

Shopping for the best price on a TinyTach TT2A and was surprised to find a local (to me) company makes and sells a similar product for under $40. I've read a fair number of posts about faulty TinyTachs and wonder if anyone has heard of or has any experience with the SenDEC tach? Among others, Cabela's sells it and it has rec'd 4 out of 5 stars rating there. https://www.sendec-p...s.com/index.php

Great, looks like you just cost me some money. I was going to re-do my pannel and take some weight out of it, and some of these gauges look pretty cool. I have used 5 or 6 differnt tiny tachs and never had an issue with them. I know several places are putting thier label on them. I was in the toy store a couple weeks ago looking at one from Mercury Marine and it was IDENTICAL to the tiny tach ( they has a few of each) just with a different brand on it.

:BC:

Posted

After a bit of conversation with SenDEC, it appears the best option for 2-strokes is their Fastach FS500. Can be found for slightly more $ than the TinyTach. Spec sheet .pdf is attached.

pn801-822 Fastach.pdf

Posted

Well I'm finally just getting around to putting a Tiny-Tach in. I asked the collective brain trust on another site these questions with no replies... Has anyone wrapped both plug wires to the same cylinder to ensure a reading with only one mag, and would that require a different setting on the Tiny Tach than when wrapping a single plug wire? Tnx

Posted

Great, looks like you just cost me some money. I was going to re-do my pannel and take some weight out of it, and some of these gauges look pretty cool. I have used 5 or 6 differnt tiny tachs and never had an issue with them. I know several places are putting thier label on them. I was in the toy store a couple weeks ago looking at one from Mercury Marine and it was IDENTICAL to the tiny tach ( they has a few of each) just with a different brand on it.

If you want to loose some weight, you'd better use MGL instruments like the "E1" giving 4 EGT/CHT, pressure and oil temp, rpm, Volts, timer .....

MicheL

Posted

Yes you need to wrap both plug wire or you wont be able to do a mag check! No setting changes are needed, just wrap and read!

Posted

Thanks mon! :beerchug: