Rotax 912A 80hp

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I am accepting offers for this engine which came off an Avid Flyer MKIV with exhaust and accessories. The aircraft was sitting for 3 years in a hangar and fully covered. It has 300 hours and is running great.

If you need any other information please feel free to contact me.

File_000 (1).jpeg

File_001.jpeg

File_002.jpeg

File_003.jpeg

File_004.jpeg

File_005.jpeg

Posted

Any idea what shipping to USA would be?  I see your ASI is in Km and your VSI is in FEET - Guess ALT is in FEET - ??? Confusing?  EDMO

Posted

The shipping cost to NY is about $300.

For any other destination send me your address and I will call the company to find it out.

EMDO ALT is in feet. This is the panel as I got it.

Posted

The shipping cost to NY is about $300.

For any other destination send me your address and I will call the company to find it out.

EMDO ALT is in feet. This is the panel as I got it.

I guessed the European instruments would be in meters?  39.4" - and then some ASI gauges are in Knots, then temperatures in Celcius?  I would be too busy with a calculator over there to fly the plane!  :<)   Well, at least the markings might be readable instead of Russian, Chinese or Japanese, Arabian? - guess there are many others I wouldn't understand....We usually don't think much about what others see - Your panel just made me think of that.   EDMO

Posted

pretty cheap on the shipping cost!  has all the SB's been complied with?  I know on some of the earlier 912's it can be very expensive to do all the updates on it.

Do you have any idea of a price you would like to see for it?  I know a few people who are looking for 912's

:BC:

Posted

pretty cheap on the shipping cost!  has all the SB's been complied with?  I know on some of the earlier 912's it can be very expensive to do all the updates on it.

Do you have any idea of a price you would like to see for it?  I know a few people who are looking for 912's

A serial number might help identify what you have.    EDMO

Posted

The serial number is 3792727.

It came with no logs.

The shipping company does only shipments between USA and here! I am using it on my company's big packages.

Posted

No, they haven't.  It still has the old style "metal box" ignition.  This was supposed to be replaced with the Ducati system.  The old system works well enough, if it works.  If there are problems, you are SOL.  The entire system will need to be replaced.  Support parts for the old system are not available.

This also means the stator SB was not complied with.  That would have required replacing the ignition system, too.

Doing both of these is in the $3000 range...

I'm not bashing this engine.  Please don't take it that way.  If it is running and everything works, it could be a very good engine for someone looking for a 912.  (JOEY??).

But the price needs to reflect some of these issues.

2 people like this