Avid flyer project free in Oregon

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Once again it seems I'm on the wrong side of the "world". This is perfect for what I am looking for. However the 3000 miles between me and the project don't make it easy to just go pick it up. I'd probably even purchase the HH wings if I were to get it.

Hope someone from the forum picks it up quickly and gets it flying again.

Posted

Wish it were a magnum. I would be all over it. 

Posted

Once again it seems I'm on the wrong side of the "world". This is perfect for what I am looking for. However the 3000 miles between me and the project don't make it easy to just go pick it up. I'd probably even purchase the HH wings if I were to get it.

Hope someone from the forum picks it up quickly and gets it flying again.

I thought the middle of the country would be a good place for building a plane, but seems like most are far away from here.   EDMO

Posted

I am about 4 hours North of it. Had not been planning to pick up a bent plane. Should I give him a call? Have built and/or repaired just about everything, except an aircraft.

Posted (edited)

His parts are worth driving 4 hour round trip - His other wings are also worth more - Kitfox wants $5K+ for a wings kit.     Thinking he is including engine too?  That alone should be worth the trip and $1.... EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I know one thing, if he was at all close to me, I would have been calling and hooking up the trailer before he said hellow..   ;-)  JImChuk

Posted

I heard you guys, loud and clear. I talked to the gentleman who owns the Avid. Very nice guy who had a fuel flow issue during climb-out on a hot day. Sounds like he really would like to fix her up himself but is faced with family health bills. He said he just could not bring himself to part it out and would rather know that it is being repaired to fly again. As it stands, I am second in line to take it home. In other words, I am the tail dragger that almost got the tail-dragger. He does have my contact information but, at his price, the first guy would have to be completely nuts not to load it up. 

Posted

I heard you guys, loud and clear. I talked to the gentleman who owns the Avid. Very nice guy who had a fuel flow issue during climb-out on a hot day. Sounds like he really would like to fix her up himself but is faced with family health bills. He said he just could not bring himself to part it out and would rather know that it is being repaired to fly again. As it stands, I am second in line to take it home. In other words, I am the tail dragger that almost got the tail-dragger. He does have my contact information but, at his price, the first guy would have to be completely nuts not to load it up. 

Welcome to the "2nd-in-Line Club".   EDMO

Posted

As of this morning, it has been confirmed that I placed second. I just have to trust that it worked out as it was meant to. The only other option is to pout about it and I don't want to do that. I do know that some of the most expensive projects I have been involved in started out 'free'. Anyway, onward and upward. EDMO, thank you for the welcome. Does the Club have regular meetings? Let me know, I will be the guy that shows up a day late!

1 person likes this