Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid Down Northeast Indiana

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I wonder how many car crashes there were in that county last night.  Now adays up here in northern Mn, they don't even mention car accidents when someone gets killed unless there are a bunch of people killed or something like that.  But a small plane crash, and "Our reporters have been on the scene since last night"  Sorry for the people involved and hope they mend fast, but I sure get tired of the media.   JImChuk

just ran the N #.  Hope the FAA goes easy on him

Edited by 1avidflyer
2 people like this

Posted

Uh oh, breakin the rules. Wonder what the penalties for that are. 

Posted (edited)

I wonder how many car crashes there were in that county last night.  Now adays up here in northern Mn, they don't even mention car accidents when someone gets killed unless there are a bunch of people killed or something like that.  But a small plane crash, and "Our reporters have been on the scene since last night"  Sorry for the people involved and hope they mend fast, but I sure get tired of the media.   JImChuk

just ran the N #.  Hope the FAA goes easy on him

What engine Jim?  WAS it engine out or control malfunction?

Speaking of student pilots - I worked with a guy for about 27 years and belonged to a flying club with him for a while - He was a "Career Student Pilot" - probably had about 200 hours back around 1970 (logged or unlogged) and was afraid to fly solo - Don't think he ever got his Private ticket!  Guess some folks just aren't ready to fly?   I was the other way - just couldn't wait for the instructor to turn me loose!   :lol: 

Another student pilot in a Cessna 206 with several young friends on board took off in rain at night in Illinois and got lost over Missouri - I helped guide him to our runway with my police spotlight to get him down -  He landed midfield and went off the end into a corn field - They all got out of the nose-over OK - The corn field was owned by rich, Mr. Fabick, of Caterpiller fame, who wouldn't let them remove the plane until he was paid for the corn and the old rusty fence they went thru.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

According to later reports, the engine failed, he turned to return to the strip and stalled.     Lou