Back from JC

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Just returned from Johnson Creek, a great 5 day trip to the Idaho backcountry.  If you ever wondered what Ole Yeller would look like up there Larry, here you go.  I bet some of you will know where this picture was taken.

image.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted

You can't make a post like that without pics or at least a trip report.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I hate you guys.  Just sayin'.

Dallas sent me a couple photos.  So awesome.  Hopefully I'll be there next fall (2017).

Yeller_at_JC.thumb.JPG.0129c4217043d3d3f

Tetons.thumb.JPG.106c3836e2cf2f235a68660

Seems like Dallas is really enjoying her!  That makes me almost as happy as if I was there myself.  Looks like 'Ol Yeller went to a really good home!

Edited by Av8r3400
1 person likes this

Posted

That second picture is my little Avid over Jackson Lake with the Tetons in the background Larry.

I did not take that many pictures, just to darn busy flying to all the great strips around the area.  We left Casper Thursday morning and made Jc that evening after waiting out a solid wall of storms in the mountains just past Challis, ID.  About five in the evening it looked like we could weave our way thru the storms and weave we did thru rain sleet and lighting way to close to my wing tip.  We thought that Johnson Creek might be crowded but by Sat at the peak the were just 25 planes, mostly 180's.  and most of the folk came to camp and really didn't fly out that much.  Friday we went over to Indian Creek (photo in my first post) and then looped around to Thomas, Lower Loon, Bernard Soldier Bar, Big Creek many others along the way and then to Warren for lunch at the Bar now under new management and the burgers were great.  We finished up the flying with a trip to McCall for fuel and then back to JC for an afternoon of relaxing.  The next couple of days was just more strip hopping to places like Moose Creek, our most northern strip to visit, another lunch at Warren.

The trip home today we saw ground speeds up to 135 KTS with a great tailwind pushing us back to Casper.  I will get some pictures from Dallas and post them later.  Wish you could all have been there!  Hope to get back again later in the year.

1 person likes this

Posted

Here are a few photos taken with the phone.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

3 people like this

Posted

Here are a couple more pictures.

the first is at Warren and the other two are my plane with the Tetons in the background.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 people like this

Posted

WONDERFUL pics, thank you! Sounds like your Zipper decision has worked out as planned with no regrets?

Posted

Yes very happy with the Zipper, I would do it again.