Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Brake lines

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Getting ready to do my brake lines, I am using 3/16 OD Nylaflow tubing and all correct fittings from aircraft spruce, My concern is I have never found tubing ferrule for this stuff, Are they not required with Nylaflow products?

Posted

I used matco fitting which have integral ferrules. 

Posted

I used fittings from napa.  They had integrated ferrules. (And were much cheaper than spruce)

Posted

Just a heads up that on the brake lines, ...not all lines are the same, ..got some from Aircraft Spruce Canada and had a few problems sealing them and finally busting a line twice. Decided the go to Matco directly and ended up replacing the lines on two aircraft thus far, a Merlin GT and our BushCaddy. To the best of my knowledge you cant get the plastic ferrule separately from the the nut and they are about 2 bucks a piece and a one time use. I went with 1/4" x 035 line all around. Matco also recommends that you place the nut/ferrule assembly first on the fitting, getting it hand tight and than place the line and give the nut  only one more turn with a (7/16) wrench. That worked on some, but not all fittings and I ended up re-tightening most of them.