Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Plastic Tanks

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Will be nice for you to get it back in the air and not have to worry about that leaky tank anymore! Did you destroy the old tank or hang on to it? May be easy to fix with it out of the wing. If you still have the old tank and have no plans for it, I know a few who may be interested in it for a science project.

:beerchug:

My airplane is ready to fly, only the weather didn't work out. The next nice day I will give it a try.

post-56-12589461922135_thumb.jpg

post-56-12589462305108_thumb.jpg

post-56-12589462631351_thumb.jpg

Posted

The weather finally broke. Flew tonight. Everything looked good, no leaks yet.

Posted

The weather finally broke. Flew tonight. Everything looked good, no leaks yet.

SWEEEEEET. Good feeling to have the bugger back in the air and ready to go huh! Getting ready to head for the hangar and get my ski's put on Wagonmasters Mk IV so we can fly out to a buddies cabin for a few days. Should be a good time hanging out, chasing 4 legged critters, and just fun flying in general!

:BC:

Posted

Mark - how about a long term update on your install, ie. any probs or leaks at the bulkhead fittings between tanks? thnx

Posted

Mark - how about a long term update on your install, ie. any probs or leaks at the bulkhead fittings between tanks? thnx

I did have a issue with the nylon hose clamps I tried. After a few hours they seemed to loosen up, which caused the fuel line to work lose. Replaced those with the stainless steel clamps. I started to get a small leak with these to, so I turned the clamp a bit and tightened them more. As of last week no leaking. I'll try to check it this weekend.