Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Poly products on barnstormers for sale

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I saw this add on Barnstormers today.  I bought the 4 poly spray and 4 of the 13 gallons of poly brush he had.  Seems like a decent guy.  Stuff is from 2012, and 2013 so it should be good yet.  Spruce wants $90 or so now for it.  Jim Chuk

CLEANING OUT THE HANGAR poly brush, poly spray, some poly tone new unopened cans 50.00 gal. while it last • Contact William J. Musselman - FAIR WEATHER FLYERS, Owner - located Prosser, WA USA • • Posted March 26, 2016 Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave

Posted

Just an update.  I said he seemed like a decent guy.  Well,,, The deal was he was going to box up the 8 gallons and call me yesterday with  a final price including shipping.  When I still hadn't heard from him today, I called him.  He says, a guy  came by and bought it all.  I didn't say much then, thought of a lot of things I could of said later.  I'm reminded of a line in a Robert Service poem.  He says this when it came his turn to fulfill his part of a deal he had made:  a promise made, is a debt unpaid and I swore I would not fail.    Old Fair Weather Flyer William must see things a different way.   Oh well....  Jim Chuk

Posted

Many years ago I bid on a lot of engine parts.  The seller advertised that the parts would go to the high bidder by a certain date, no extensions.  So I sent in my bid.  A few days after the bidding was closed, I called and asked who the winner was.  He said he was waiting for another bid, and, coincidentally enough, that bidder got the stuff, out-bidding me by a couple of hundred bucks.  I wasn't given the opportunity to counter-bid.  It really does get to you, doesn't it?  Life goes on...

Posted

The rest of the story...

About a year later the guy calls me and says that he found a few more engine parts and he wondered if I would make an offer on them.  I told him that after my last experience of sending him a bit that was used as leverage for a better offer, I wasn't interested.  He got all huffy with me.  Go figure.

Posted (edited)

Jim -

Don't worry about it. There's actually some better and far cheaper processes you can run with. You might consider the Malcolm Latex Process for your Kitfox project finishing.  All material available at you local hardware store. I've visited Malcolm and was quite impressed.  He's the real deal. Even conducts a how-to hands on seminar at EAA Air Venture.  Very nice fellow indeed.

http://wienerdogaero.com/Latex.php

(roll it on! - who'd thunk!!!!!!)

Paul

Edited by allonsye
1 person likes this

Posted

I've thought about using Latex paint in the past, and actually used it on the metal and fiberglass parts on my last Avid rebuild.  I have a bunch of poly fiber stuff already, and need a bit more to finish up my covering projects.  Thanks,  Jim Chuk