Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Matching the Matco to the Rudder

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Where the spring and chains attach to the rudder I have noticed on all the new kitfoxes that the attach points are bent down about 2 inches below the bottom of the rudder and look a bit wider, Is that something that works better with the Big Matco Tailwheels? If I was to weld some more metal onto mine to lower it how wide should it be when finished. I Notice on my rudder the attach points are about half the with of of the Matco Tailwheel attach points, Hope this all makes sense.

Posted

Do you have the 8" pneumatic? I have one that came with the package and have been debating installing it.

Posted

Do you have the 8" pneumatic? I have one that came with the package and have been debating installing it.

yes sir the 8 inch, wide tire

Posted

Where the spring and chains attach to the rudder I have noticed on all the new kitfoxes that the attach points are bent down about 2 inches below the bottom of the rudder and look a bit wider, Is that something that works better with the Big Matco Tailwheels? If I was to weld some more metal onto mine to lower it how wide should it be when finished. I Notice on my rudder the attach points are about half the with of of the Matco Tailwheel attach points, Hope this all makes sense.

I'd bolt a secondary piece of steel to the bottom of the rudder horn and experiment with hole distance and  bend angles so I got things how I wanted. That is what I am using on my avid/ matco combo. If you look at the thread name that mystery avid flyer part you can sorta see what is on my plane in this topic.