Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for a project (prefer east coast)

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone. I'm back in the game again. The Pursang parts are currently in dry storage in Utah and may not ever be rebuilt due to the extensive damage. There wasn't anything left straight except the left wing and both wing struts. 

However I am looking for a winter project. I'm sure someone has something laying around that is a mostly complete project that they would like to clean out of the garage/hangar. Okay, maybe you wouldn't LIKE to clean it out but have realized you may never get to it. I know there are several people on here with more than two or three projects or aircraft. Maybe you'd be kind enough to sale it to me anyway? 

I don't have a huge budget but do have a lot of time and space to work on something right now. 

I am not limiting myself to an Avid or Kitfox either. I am somewhat thinking about several other aircraft. 

Please let me know if you have or know of something. May even pay a small finders fee if you know of someone on your local airport and could help out with a deal.

****I may also be willing to trade my Teenie Two if someone would be interested in a flying aircraft as a trade. It is a blast but I really want something I can fly with someone else. I cruise at 105 MPH at only 2.3 GPH, gets off the ground in 350 feet and need about 500 for landing roll. It would be shorter with a smaller person as well. I'm 6'1" tall and 190 pounds.

Thanks! Kenneth

1 person likes this

Posted

What kind money you willing to spend? with out the Tennie two trade you must have a certain budget in mind.

Posted

The amount I could spend would really depend on completeness of the project and what it is and comes with. I know that leaves it open but that's what I'm going for. I don't want to set a hard, fast amount and then have something come up that is worth the money. 

That being said, cheap is good too. Right now I have a project I can pick up for less than $4,000 that is mainly complete but needs to basically be completely rebuilt, possibly including the engine. Since it has an O-235 that could get pricey quickly. That kind of money with the Teenie Two is kind of what I had in mind but may be able to push it a little more. I realize that kind of ties my hands on some things but figured if the right deal comes alone I might be able to sell some tools, motorcycle or car to pay for a bit more. Or throw them in the trade deal. (Anyone want a really clean low mileage 2001 Audi TT?) :) 

Posted

I have been trying to thin out my long list of projects. Have a couple of different kits/planes but they aren't anywheres close to your $4,000 budget. Nearly complete KF IV-1200 with a 'test run only" Rotx 912 80HP. I jumped the gun per se and had purchased this for my son. He decided he wanted a 4-seater, so I have this almost complete plane sitting in the hangar. Have a Murphy Rebel kit with a set of 1800 amphibs, also kit (still in the crate). Also have a damaged Rebel with most of the parts to rebuild it.