Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Faa registration

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all I purchased a un started avid kit the question I have is ,does anyone know what forms the faa will require to show transfer of ownership from the previous owner to me?  Thanks rusty

Posted

If the airplane hasn't been registered with the FAA, then any paper showing a bill of sale (purchase price, seller and buyer) will be sufficient.  If any building was done on the kit, you need the build logs for the work done to date.  You won't need that for the transfer, but you'll need it for the inspection to get your airworthiness certificate.

If it was registered, then there is a bill of sale form on the FAA website at http://www.faa.gov/forms/index.cfm/go/document.information/documentID/186163  .  Transferring an aircraft is way easier than transferring a car!

Mark

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks mark that's what I was hoping to hear. 

Posted

Make sure and take lots of pics so you have the proof to the DAR that you built at least 51% of your bird.Good Luck with your project.Randy

Posted

Thanks horsepower , I have taken lots of pictures .the plane is close to being finished now . I have been lagging on the paper work.