Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Horner style tips

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anybody ever tried the horner style tips to fit the under camber wing. Just wondering if they bend to fit or if it is not even possible.

Posted (edited)

Has anybody ever tried the horner style tips to fit the under camber wing. Just wondering if they bend to fit or if it is not even possible.

I had a set of the Hoerner tips and they would fit the undercamber rib - I cant say where they came from since I bought them second-hand new, but unused.  I thought they were from Kitfox, but may have been Raven, or some other maker.  I sold them to IFMT.

I read a post from one guy who changed his drooped tips to Hoerner type, and he said he could see no difference in performance.

I cant verify this, but I have a set of Cessna 180 or 182 tips that might fit the Kitfox wings.  My wings are longer chord than the standard Kitfox wings, and I have a set of Cessna 210 tips that will fit them.   NOTE:  The tips from the Cessnas without the drooped leading edge fit better, but the others can be modified to fit.

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

I cant edit the above any more - so adding:  I don't have the undercambered ribs now - so guess that the Cessna tips might have to be heated to bend to fit them.  They fit the Riblett ribs better.

I guess if anyone is really interested in using Cessna 180 tips, I could try fitting the ones I have to the Kitfox 3 wings...

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I had a set of the Hoerner tips and they would fit the undercamber rib - I cant say where they came from since I bought them second-hand new, but unused.  I thought they were from Kitfox, but may have been Raven, or some other maker.  I sold them to IFMT.

I read a post from one guy who changed his drooped tips to Hoerner type, and he said he could see no difference in performance.

I cant verify this, but I have a set of Cessna 180 or 182 tips that might fit the Kitfox wings.  My wings are longer chord than the standard Kitfox wings, and I have a set of Cessna 210 tips that will fit them.   NOTE:  The tips from the Cessnas without the drooped leading edge fit better, but the others can be modified to fit.

EDMO

TJay,   If you need droop tips, I have a used set I would sell for half-price of new ones.

EDMO

Posted

no i have the 2 pieces of the droop tips I just really like the look of the horner style. I was just curious if they would even fit, good to know thanks