Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

KITFOX SERVICE BULLETINS

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

OK - I FOUND THE KITFOX SBs and Letters - Go to Kitfox site and scroll down the list at left to TECHNICAL FAQs, and you will see a list of all of them.   Unfortunately, I cant get the complete SB to show, like the old list let you do.   Someone smart could copy the important ones to post.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ed, copying that is quite a bit of work, converting it to downloadable PDF's is a bit more and then still someone has to keep up with new additions. Any changes or cancellations and you're looking at a legal liability, too. Why not place a link to that page somewhere prominent on this site or develop a "Technical Resources" thread that can have all the links to pertinent sites in it?

Just an idea, I recently did this for my Soaring & Glider Resource Directory and peeps are clicking their mouses to death...

Posted

JJ,

That Kitfox site wont let you download or print the SBs from the index.   I have the info for an old site somewhere in my files, and it would let you copy all the Kitfox SBs.   I will look for it in the future and try to list it on here.  I may need help to do that.

Thanks,

EdMO

Posted

Okay, I am officially confused. Just went to the KF Site, clicked on the latest Mandatory SB (#56).

Select All --> Copy --> Open Office New Document --> Paste and push the Convert To PDF button.

Save as --> Give it a name --> Ding!

Your soup is done! Time required ~ 1 Minute.

On some of them you'd have to do some formatting and editing.

SB#56.pdf

It is perfectly fine for anyone to do this for their own records and maintenance books.

It is not so fine for someone to do this intending to republish or disseminate the information on a website.

Like I just did.... :hammerhead:  Fortunately mine is for a free replacement of your aquarium tank pump.

At the very least you'll run the risk of giving people access to something that may be subject to editorial changes.

For example, a SB is updated and a newer version is on file with Kitfoxaircraft.com - but your member downloads and C/W what you have.

Then the front falls off. The survivors and their attorneys now say:

"Uhhh. Look! Just two days ago he was happy as a clam because he found the SB for his Jesus Nut."

From what I understand about the law, he or she who gets dinged for this in a wrongful death lawsuit has a choice:

Would you like you ass grilled (1) Very Crispy BBQ or (2) Very Crispy BBQ Honeynut.

Posted

Here's a better way to do it.

Example

#38-Rudder Pedal Reinforcements - MANDATORY 5/15/1994 S5 Vixens SN: DBT001, ECV001-ECV009, FCV008, GCV010, HCV011-HCV012, ICV013-ICV018, JCV019-JCV022, KCV024, LCV023, LCV025-LCV026, ADV027-ADV030

#44-Rotax 912 Ignition Leads 8/25/1995 All Rotax 912 Powered aircraft with Ignition Units Mounted to Engines

#21-Flaperon Hinge Bearings - MANDATORY 8/19/1992 M1, M2, M3

#21A-Flaperon Hinge Bearings - MANDATORY 8/28/1992 All Models (Prior to this Bulletin)

#22-Matco Brake Caliper 8/28/1992 All Models

#23-Engine Mount Bolts 9/23/92 Rotax 912 Engines, Serial #4005177 to Engines prior to this Bulletin

#24-Landing Gear Weldment 10/8/1992 Aircraft Shipped between 9/3/92 & 10/1/92

#25-Model IV Style Flaperons 11/3/1992 M4 Wings (Short Flaperons)

#26-Lift Strut Attach Bracket 11/11/1992 Aircraft Manufactured between 09/01/92 & 10/16/92

#27-Capstrip Bulletin 12/8/1992 Aircraft Manufactured between 08/92 an 11/92

Source: Kitfocaircraft.com - http://kitfoxaircraft.com/FAQ-Tech.htm

Disclaimer: Always check for new SB & SL's with the manufacturer. This list may or may not be complete. Avidfoxflyers.com provides this listing for technical reference and information only and assumes no responsibility. liability or implied liability for the correctness, completeness or applicability of information on display. 

Randomly selected off the site, copied, pasted with a link leading directly to the source. Now you are creating an index for people to go through, but editorial freedom still rests with the original publisher of the information. They can update to hearts desire and all you have to do is go through a few times a year to check for new stuff.